Apple shocked the world during its latest press conference when it announced that it will no longer focus on hardware and that instead, it will aim to compete against the likes of Netflix and HBO Go by launching Apple TV+. This is a new video streaming service that will provide subscribers who pay a monthly fee with access to hundreds of exclusive movies and TV shows that Apple has acquired the rights for. If you are excited about the new streaming service, then we have some great news to share with you!
Apple has just announced that Apple TV+ is going live in over 100 countries and regions starting today. The subscription service is going to be available directly from the Apple TV app and it features new, exclusive shows, movies and documentaries from today’s most imaginative storytellers.
In addition, Apple TV+ can be downloaded and installed on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iPods Touch, Mac and select Samsung Smart Vs, Roku and Amazon Fire TV devices. With that being said, let’s go ahead and check out everything there is to know about Apple TV+.
Apple Launches New Streaming Service Today
- Apple TV+is available on the Apple TV app for $4.99 (US) per month with a seven-day free trial for new subscribers starting today on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV 4K, Apple TV HD, Apple TV (3rd generation), iPod touch and Mac. To subscribe to Apple TV+, customers must update to iOS 12.3 or later, tvOS 12.3 or later and macOS Catalina.
- Apple TV+ is also available on the Apple TV app on all 2018, 2019 and newer Samsung smart TVs and select Roku and Amazon Fire TV devices, and will be coming to LG, Sony and VIZIO platforms in the future.
- Customers can also subscribe to and watch Apple TV+ at apple.com.
- Customers with AirPlay 2-enabled Samsung, LG and VIZIO smart TVs must update to iOS 12.3 or later or macOS Catalina to play Apple TV+ originals from the Apple TV app on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac directly to their smart TVs. Customers with eligible Sony smart TVs will be able to enjoy AirPlay 2 support later this year.
- For a limited time, customers who purchase a new iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac or iPod touch starting September 10 can enjoy one year of Apple TV+ for free (one offer per Apple ID). $4.99per month after free trial. One subscription per Family Sharing group. Offer good for three months after eligible device activation, starting November 1, 2019. Plan automatically renews until cancelled. Restrictions and other terms apply; visit com/promo for more information.
- All Apple Music student plan subscribers will get free access to Apple TV+ for a limited time. This includes students who have signed up for the Apple Music student plan prior to the launch of Apple TV+. To get free access to Apple TV+, Apple Music student plan subscribers simply need to sign in with their Apple ID to the Apple TV app or on apple.com. Offer good for verified college students only and does not extend to a Family Sharing group.
- For press materials and more information about Apple TV+, please visit com/tvpr.
Apple Senior Vice President Speaks Out
Eddy Cue is the Senior Vice President of Internet Software and Services and he made the following statement about the new subscription service: “Audiences in over 100 countries and regions can now enjoy Apple TV+, home to an all-original lineup of powerful shows and movies from today’s greatest storytellers. It was important for us to make it easy for everyone to watch across all their favorite screens, so Apple TV+ is the most broadly available Apple service ever from day one.”
If you are wondering about what kind of shows Apple TV+ is going to feature, then you are in luck! We are going to present the five most interesting shows available starting today on Apple TV+ and also present the video trailers so that you can check them out.
Dickinson is one of the best shows that Apple TV+ has to offer and it is a comedy about the life of famous American poet Emily Dickinson. The show is guaranteed to get a couple of good laughs from you while exploring the constraints of society, gender, and family from the perspective of a budding writer who doesn’t fit into her own time.
See is such an amazing movie that it can compete against all the latest blockbusters that appear in cinemas. The movie is set in an epic post-apocalyptic world where everyone is blind due to a virus. However, a child is born and he can see. The lead cast is comprised of Jason Momoa and Alfred Woodard.
Apple knows that people love teenage/children movies thanks to the immense success Netflix’s Stranger Things had and this is why it created Ghostwriter. The show follows four children that are brought together by a mysterious ghost in a bookstore.
The Morning Show
Apple has signed a deal for two seasons of a new talk show called The Morning Show and it has two of the world’s most popular actresses as hosts (Reese Whitherspoon and Jennifer Aniston). The budget for the show is so massive that the two hosts will earn $1.25 million per episode.
For All Mankind
If you like space movies, then For All Mankind is the show for you. This is a drama that takes place in space and it will give viewers a glimpse of what the world would look like if the “global space race” would had never ended.