This past weekend was a great one for Apple fans. The Cupertino based tech giant hosted its much-anticipated WWDC 2019 event where it announced all its most exciting software updates, gadgets and accessories. In case you missed the event and you don’t feel like watching a couple of hours of video footage, then you have arrived at the right website because today we are going to give you a rundown of the best highlights that happened at the press conference.
With that being said, today we are going to present the most important announcements that Apple made during WWDC 2019 so that all Apple fans can get an idea of what software updates they should expect to arrive OTA (over the air) and what devices will pop up for sale on Apple’s website during the upcoming months. Without any further ado, let’s jump right into it.
Apple WWDC 2019 Highlights
#1 iOS 13 is Almost Here
We think it’s safe to say that the operating system update that all Apple fans are wanting to hear more about is iOS 13. This is the biggest update that Apple is going to release for iPhones and iPads in 2019 and it comes with a plethora of cool features that Apple fans have been asking for a long time. Therefore, let’s go over the most important features and changes that iOS 13 is bringing:
- A system-wide Dark Mode is finally coming to iPhones and iPads;
- Music will feature a real-time lyric mode that shows the words of the song;
- Messages will now be enabled with swipeable texting. iOS 13 will also make suggestions such as accessing the frequently contacted people;
- Reminders have been completely refreshed. For example, if you tag someone in a reminder, then a reminder will pop up the next time you want to either message or call that person;
- Memojis are now available in multiple customization options (makeup, accessories and hairstyles);
- iOS 13 introduces assistive voice control.
#2 The New Mac Pro
The cheese grater design is back folks! However, the new Mac Pro features an improved version of the cheese grater design. The new 2019 Mac Pro holds the title of being Apple’s most powerful desktop yet and it is targeted to people who work as video editors or audio recording for example and need powerful computers that can take care of heavy-duty processing. The desktop is powered by an Intel Xeon processor that features up to 28-cores and 1.5 terabytes of system memory. Now, that is impressive!
To make things even better, the premium versions of the new Mac Pro will feature the option to stack two Radeon Pro Vega II graphics processing units side by side. Apple is promising that the most powerful version of the Mac Pro will be able to play back three streams of raw 8K footage simultaneously without any problems or lag. Last but not least, the Mac Pro is being bundled with an all-new LCD display that measures in at 32-inches. The display can squeeze up to 20 million pixels which basically certifies it as a 6K retina display.
#3 Apple Watch App Store
The New Apple Watch Series 4 was a massive hit and the wearable device holds the title for being the best smartwatch available on the market. From the looks of it, Apple is more than aware that Watch Series 4 was a hit and it wants to make the watchOS user experience even better and it equipped the operating system with its own App Store. Yes, you read that right, the Apple Watch will feature its own App Store. Here are some of the best features that the new watchOS update has to offer:
- The new watchOS update is making it possible for Watch Series users to access the Apple calculator which can be used in order to quickly split bills and even tip. In addition, the calculator can be used to create quick voice memos and recordings.
- Watch Series users will now be able to access even more health and fitness features such as long-term activity trends that show important information like fitness level change during a long period of time.
- Lastly, the new watchOS update introduces a brand-new version of the App Store which can be activated through Siri, scribble or voice dictation.
#4 tvOS Introduces Multi-User Support
The last WWDC 2019 highlight that we want to cover is the fact that Apple’s new update for tvOS is going to optimize the operating system to be more suitable for multiple users. With that said, here are the best new features that the latest version of tvOS offers:
- tvOS introduces a brand-new homepage that has been redesigned to show previews of TV Shows and movies;
- The music playback UI (user interface) has been changed to show live lyrics which will follow songs in real-time;
- Apple TVs will now support all third-party gaming accessories (Xbox One and PlayStation 4 controllers);
- tvOS is bringing the much-anticipated multi user support that reveals personalized recommendations for each user based on the type of movies, TV Shows and music they enjoy listening to.
Wrapping Things Up
These are our top highlights from Apple’s recent WWDC 2019 conference. As we can clearly see, Apple made some amazing announcements during the conference, especially the ones regarding iOS 13 and the much-anticipated system-wide Dark Mode. What’s great about this feature is not only the fact that it will make the UI (user interface) of iPhones and iPads look better, but also that it shows that Apple is listening to the feedback its users are sending in and that its willing to make changes according to what fans are asking for. Nonetheless, what did you like hearing about the most during the conference?