The surging smart speaker market has got competitive with Google came up with Home. Amazon Echo devices have already impressed users with their amazing features; to dent this market, Google Home introduced extraordinary features at dirt cheap prices. As happened with Echo devices, people began to buy more than one Home devices. This enables them to use their Home speakers as intercom (if you have Echo devices, you can enable Drop In on Alexa and use the devices as intercom). So here is how to broadcast voice messages to Google Home devices in your home.
Apart from performing countless tasks, you can use Google Home as intercom system. But before you go ahead and use it as intercom, you need to know what you will need and where you can broadcast your voice messages. Note that you can broadcast messages from Google Home device to other Google Home Mini and Max devices; and you can also send messages from your phone to Google Home device.
How to Use Google Assistant to Broadcast Voice Messages to Google Home Devices on iPhone and Android
Note: The method to send messages to members in your household by broadcasting messages on all of your Google Home devices is same on iPhone and Android phones.
Broadcasting from Google Home device to Google Home device
- You need two or more Google Home devices (you can use two Google Home devices, two Google Home Mini devices, or mix and match all devices).
- Make sure all your Google Home devices and phones should be running on the same Wi-fi network.
- Remember, at least one of the members from your family or household has signed into each of the Google Home devices.
- Turn Do Not Disturb Off. (Google Home App → Devices → Device Card → tap on the device card menu → Settings→ Do Not Disturb)
- Your Google Home should be running firmware 1.26.93937 or later. (Google Home App → Devices → Device Card → tap on the device card menu → Settings→ Cast firmware version: X.XXX.XXXXX)
Where will the Broadcast Play?
If you initiate your message on Google Home device, it plays your message on all Google Home devices that are connected with the same Wi-fi network, and the devices, which are signed into the same Google Account(s) as the operating device.
Send Messages from Android Phone or iPhone to Google Home Device
- A smartphone with Google Assistant and at least one Google Home device.
- Set up Google Assistant app on phone.
- The Google Account you are using on your phone should be used on each Google Home device.
- Turn off Do Not Disturb.
- Your Google Home device must be running firmware 1.26.93937 or later.
Where will the Broadcast Message Play?
If you initiate the message on your phone, the broadcast will play on all your Google Home devices signed into the same Google Account.
How to Send a Custom Message on Google Home
You can create custom messages on Google Home to broadcast those messages on Home devices. For this, say “OK Google,” and then create a custom message. You can start your message with words like “Broadcast/shout/tell everybody/announce” followed by your message.
Your message will be broadcast on all devices except the device you are using to broadcast messages.
You can also broadcast some delightful sounds on Google Home.
|Purpose to broadcast a message for||Say “OK Google”, then|
|To Wake up family members||“Broadcast…”
|When you leave for work||“Broadcast…”
|When you arrive home||“Broadcast…”
|On the way||Broadcast…”
|Call your family for Movie||“Broadcast…”
|It’s TV time||“Broadcast…”
The messages will broadcast on all devices including the one you’re broadcasting from.
Voice Match and Broadcasting Messages
Any user (including the one who registered in Voice Match and guests) can broadcast a message.
- List of Google Home Voice Commands
- How to Make Calls With Google Home
- How to Send Text Message from Google home
- How to Find Lost Smartphone With Google Home
- Best Google Home Compatible Devices
- Best Google Home Compatible Light Bulbs
- Best Google Home Compatible Smart Plugs