Changing PIN of your WhatsApp Payment account is a better way to protect your transactions. To prevent any misuse of WhatsApp peer-to-peer money transfer feature, you should reset WhatsApp Payment PIN on your iPhone or Android. Check this guide and get to know how to change WhatsApp Payment PIN on iPhone and Android.
Predictable passwords or passcodes can be cracked easily on any platform, and therefore, you should set an unpredictable PIN, which cannot be guessed by any culprit. It is not recommended to keep passcodes like 0000 or any single digit repeated multiple times.
What is UPI PIN?
Before you go ahead and change your UPI PIN, a brief explanation on UPI PIN may help you in future.
UPI PIN is an essential part of mobile banking; the code is normally of 4-6 digits and given by your bank. The Unified Payments Interface is developed by National Payments Corporation of India to authenticate all fund transfers done by mobile banking over IMPS or UPI platform.
How to Change WhatsApp Payment PIN on iPhone and Android
Change WhatsApp Payment PIN on iPhone
Step #1: Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
Step #2: Tap on Settings tab from the bottom right corner.
Step #3: Now, tap on Payments.
Step #4: Next, choose the bank account for which you wish to change the PIN.
Step #5: Tap on Change UPI PIN.
Step #6: Here you need to enter the old PIN first and then enter the new one and confirm.
Change WhatsApp Payment PIN on Android
Step #1: Launch WhatsApp on your Android mobile phone.
Step #2: Tap on the three dots from the top right corner.
Step #3: Tap on Payments and choose your bank account.
Step #4: Now, tap on Change UPI PIN.
Step #5: Next, enter the old UPI PIN and then enter the new one and confirm.
- How to Add New Bank Account to WhatsApp Payment on Android and iPhone
- How to Delete or Change Default Bank Account in WhatsApp on Android and iPhone
- How to Setup WhatsApp Business App on Android Phone
- How to Setup and Use Apple Pay Cash Account
- How to Use Paytm App on Android and iPhone
- How to Send and Receive Money via iMessage Using Apple Pay
- How to Send Money Via Paypal from Skype on iPhone and Android
- How to Send and Receive Money in Facebook Messenger