When there is an overload of files and documents on your Windows computer, you delete them from the folder instantly. If the files are extremely useless, you delete them by pressing Shift button. But normally, users simply delete to keep the erased files in Recycle bin. This gives birth to a question: is there a recycle bin on Android phones?
You wish you had such a recycle bin on your Android smartphone. Until Android introduces this feature in its next update, you should rely on Dumpster app available in Google’s Play Store. This app functions like a dust bin on your Windows, Mac or Linux computer; it stores the deleted file until you completely delete data from the bin.
Unlike iPhone and iPad, Android phone doesn’t have any feature; on your iOS device, when you delete any photo or video, it directly goes to Recently Deleted folder from where you can recover deleted items. On Android devices, Dumpster plays the role of that folder, where all deleted files and documents are stored.
Note: Many users post this query in a different way as they ask ‘how to access recycle bin on Android’ or ‘is there a recycle bin on Android phones’. You can only access a recycle bin when you add one to your Android phone. Anyway, you can follow this information to add recycle bin on Android phone.
Dumpster boasts amazing features to explore:
- This app restores erased photos, music files, videos and almost any file type including PDF, MP3, Doc, AVI, MP4, JPG, PNG, RAR, OGG, TXT etc.
- You can use Dumpster on a non-rooted Android device also; this means you don’t need to root your Android phone. However, if you want to achieve better performance of this app, you can root your phone.
- No internet connection required.
- You can recover uninstalled apps too.
- You can get a preview of erased pictures, videos, and audios before recovering.
- You can send files to Dumpster by using ‘Share’ or ‘Send to’ from any file manager or gallery app.
- You can plan auto-clean of old deleted data.
- Secure privacy through a lock screen and set restrictions on access.
How to Add Recycle Bin on Android Phone
Step #1: First off download and install Dumpster app on your Android phone.
Step #2: Open the app and give necessary permissions to make configuration smooth.
Step #3: Now, it is time to configure the app. Head over to Settings of the app by tapping on Hamburger button on top left corner of your phone screen.
Step #4: Tap on Protect Settings and choose the data you want Dumpster to save on your Android smartphone. You will find options like Images, Videos, Audio, Documents, Other Files, Apps, and Protect Apps Updates. You can disable any of the options in future.
Step #5: You are all set to use Dumpster. Simply open the main screen of Dumpster app and tap the drop-down menu to choose which kinds of files you like to recover. Dumpster may offer you multiple files to recover; you can tap on each file one by one. Once you locate a file or document you wish to restore, tap the ‘Restore’ button and the item will be restored to your Android device. Dumpster also gives you a feature to remove a file permanently or share it with others. In this case, select ‘Delete’ or ‘Share’ options.
Don’t Miss: How to Restore Deleted Contacts on Android Phone
Dumpster certainly helps you add recycle bin on Android phone. Is there any other Android app that can perform better than Dumpster? Share your feedback with us on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus.