When you are buying a second hand iPhone, you need to check a few things. First of all, you need to check whether the iPhone your purchasing is stolen or not and then identify whether the iPhone is new, refurbished, a replacement piece or personalized by engraving. Once everything is OK, you have to check whether iPhone battery needs replacement or not. So here in this tutorial, I am going to share, how you can check if iPhone is New, Refurbished, Replacement or Personalized.
To find out if an iPhone is brand new or used, you can use device model identifier trick. Let’s explore this trick more in detail.
How to Find Out if iPhone is New, Refurbished, Replacement or Personalized
Step #1: Launch Settings app on iPhone.
Step #2: Tap on General.
Step #3: Tap on About.
Step #4: Now, Find model number and read the model identifier.
The number looks like MKU82HN/A. The first character will tell you whether the iOS device is new, refurbished, replacement, or personalized:
- M – It is a brand new iOS device.
- F – It is Refurbished iOS device. The iPhone has been through refurbishing process of Apple.
- N – It is a Replacement device.
- P – It is a Customized device with an engraving on the purchase.
- Best iPhone and Android Apps for Selling Old Stuff
- Best Place to Sell Old iPhones
- How to Check Activation Lock Status of iPhone
- How to Bypass iCloud Activation Lock on iPhone and iPad
- How to Delete or Change iCloud Account on iPhone and iPad
- How to Delete or Remove Apple ID on iPhone and iPad
- How to Check Apple Care Warranty Status on iPhone, iPad, and Mac