Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means that at no cost to you, we may earn a small commission for qualifying purchases.
The great thing about Apple’s devices is that they all are connected under a single ecosystem. The best example of this is the tech giant’s latest AirPods that are compatible with iPhones, iPads, Macs, and Apple Watches. Apple made sure that you can listen to your favorite music at all times! If you don’t know how to connect AirPods to MacBook, then you have arrived at the right place.
Today we are going to present you an easy and simple to follow guide that will teach you how to connect AirPods to MacBook. Without any further ado, let’s jump right into it.
How to Connect AirPods to MacBook
The first thing that want to mention is that if you are using AirPods 2nd generation, then you need to update your MacBook to macOS Mojave 10.14.4 or higher. Not just that, but AirPods Pro requires macOS Catalina 10.15.1 or higher.
If you have already connected your AirPods to an iPhone and the device is signed in to the same iCloud account as the MacBook, then connecting them to the laptop is super easy. All you need to do is simply place the AirPods in your ears and then click on the Bluetooth menu or Volume Control panels on your MacBook. All that is left to do is to select the AirPods option.
What to Do if the AirPods Don’t Appear in menu Bluetooth or Volume Control Menus
- Open the MacBook and access the System Preferences menu;
- Click on Bluetooth and enable it;
- Place both AirPods in the charging case and open the lid;
- Next, press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until the lights start flashing white (this enables the pairing mode);
- Select the AirPods in the devices list on MacBook and then click Connect.