Facebook introduced its Facial Recognition Technology first in 2013, and then recently, the social media giant announced that it would expand the scope of face recognition. Since Facebook has begun to improve this facial recognition, Facebook users are getting a notification about how Facebook uses its facial recognition technology. In case, you are not happy with this feature, you can stop Facebook’s face recognition feature. Here is how to turn off Facebook Facial recognition features on iPhone and Android.
What does Facebook Face Recognition technology do?
Before you go ahead and deactivate this facial recognition feature on your Facebook profile, you should know what it does or how it works.
- It finds photos you are in but not tagged.
- Any person not known to you cannot use your photo.
- It tells people with visual impairments about who is in your photo or video.
Note that the feature is enabled by default; you need to disable this Facebook’s facial recognition technology by following a simple method on your iPhone or Android device.
How to Disable Face Recognition on Facebook on iPhone, iPad, and Android
- How to Turn Off Facebook Face Recognition on Android
- How to Disable Facebook Face Recognition on iPhone and iPad
How to Turn Off Facebook Face Recognition on Android
Step #1: Open the Facebook app on your Android device.
Step #2: Next, tap on three horizontal lines from the top right corner.
Step #3: Now, move down to the Help & Settings section and tap on Account Settings.
Step #4: Tap on the Face Recognition Settings.
Step #5: Here you need to tap on “Do you want Facebook to be able to recognize you in photos and videos?”
Step #6: Choose “No” and go back.
How to Disable Facebook Face Recognition on iPhone and iPad
Step #1: Launch the Facebook app on your iPhone or iPad.
Step #2: Tap on three horizontal lines from the bottom right corner.
Step #3: Next, Go down and tap on Settings.
Step #4: Now, tap on Account Settings from the Popup menu.
Step #5: Here you need to tap on Face Recognition Settings.
Step #6: Next Up, tap on Do you want Facebook to be able to recognize you in photos and videos? and Select No option.
- How to Change Facebook Language on iPhone, Android and Web
- How to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages on iPhone and Android
- How to Download Facebook Videos on iPhone and iPad
- How to Facebook Messenger Notification Previews on iPhone and iPad
- How to Create Facebook Messenger kids Account for Your Child