Out of all the social media apps available on iPhone and iPad, we think it’s safe to say that Twitter is the most essential one. There are more than 330 million monthly active users on Twitter and you can find all your favorite celebrities, politicians, and athletes on the platform. However, we can’t deny the fact that there isn’t any vulgar or offensive content on Twitter. Here is where Safe Search comes in and saves the day.
What is Twitter Safe Search?
Safe Search makes it possible for Twitter users to keep themselves away from all offensive and vulgar content. The option automatically filters bad content and updates so that you don’t have to deal with them. Twitter Safe Search is essential on your children’s iPhones and iPads!
How to Enable Safe Search on iPhone and iPad
Follow the guide below to enable Safe Search for Twitter on iPhone and iPad:
- Access Twitter on your iPhone, iPad or Mac;
- Select the Search icon (magnifying glass);
- Type any word you want into the search field;
- Now, tap on the three horizontal dots (in the top right) to access the Settings menu;
- Select Search settings;
- Next, go ahead and check the box for “Hide sensitive content.
How to Mute Bad Words and Phrases on Twitter
Did you know that you can mute certain bad words and phrases on Twitter? Doing this will help you stay away from all negativity. Here’s how to do it:
- Open Twitter on your iPhone and access the Settings menu by tapping on the hamburger icon;
- Head over to Settings and Privacy – Privacy and Safety – Muted;
- Tap on “Muted Words – Add”;
- Select where you want the words to be muted (timeline, notifications);
- Select the duration for the mute and tap on Save.
As you can see in the guides featured above, it’s quite easy to prevent offensive and vulgar content from showing up in your Twitter notifications or timeline. Let us know in the comments section if you have any additional questions.