By providing a new tool, Apple made screen recording on macOS Mojave feature supper handy. Now you don’t have to rely on quick time player to record Mac screen. So here, we have created a complete guide on how to record Mac screen in macOS Mojave 10.14 using this new feature.
If you ever needed to record a video clip, game or FaceTime call on macOS Mojave; then you can use this tool to start screen recording quickly. So let me how in detail how to use it.
How to Record Screen on Mac in macOS Mojave
Step #1: Go to the screen you want to record. Press and hold Command+Shift+5 Key on the keyboard for accessing screenshot toolbar.
Step #2: Here, you will find two options:
Record Entire Screen: The recording will start immediately once you select this option.
Record Selected Portion: This option will record only the portion you have selected. For this, first of all, you need to select the portion you want to record. Once it’s done, the recording will start instantly.
- You can set the timer for starting recording automatically. To do so, you need to click on Options from the menu and choose 5 seconds or 10 seconds.
- There is an option to save the recording to Messages, Mail, Desktop and even Mail it.
- Moreover, you can also use the inbuilt microphone and can even stop the recording from showing mouse cursor.
Step #3: Once you’re done with recording the screen, Click on stop button from the Menu bar to finish it.
Step #4: The screen you have recorded will appear at the bottom right corner.
How to Edit Recorded Screen on macOS Mojave
If you want to edit the screen you have recorded, then you need to click on the edit button which located on the top right.
Drag the yellow handle to delete the portion you don’t want. Then, click on Done from the top right corner.
How to Share Recorded Video from Mac running macOS Mojave
If you are done with recording and editing, click on the Share button from the bottom and choose your preferred medium to share it.
Other than this, you can also use this smart tool to take a screenshot in macOS Mojave.
You can also try third party software like ScreenFlow, Camtasia and Voila to record Mac screen. We have also created a complete guide on how to record screen with Audio on Mac using Soundflower.
You May Also Like:
- How to Setup Dynamic Desktop on Mac in macOS Mojave
- How to Enable Dark Mode in macOS Mojave
- Best Adjustable Standing Desk for Mac
- How to Print Screen on Mac