Did you accidentally delete or lost important text messages on your iPhone? If that is the case, then you don’t need to worry because there are multiple ways to recover deleted texts on iPhone. With that being said, today we are going to show you the top three best ways to recover deleted texts and we will present each guide in a step-by-step manner so that everyone has an easy time recovering their missing data.
How to Recover Deleted Texts
#1 Use iCloud Backup
Ever since Apple introduced the iCloud Backup for iPhones, losing data stopped being a problem. If you have a backup on iCloud, you can recover all your deleted texts in a couple of steps. Follow the guide below:
- Access the Settings menu;
- Head over to iCloud > Manage Storage, then tap Backups;
- Select one of the available backups (pick the most recent one);
- Now, you are required to fully reset your iPhone to factory settings in order to activate the backup;
- Select Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
After a couple of minutes, the factory reset will be finished and the iCloud backup that contains the missing data will load.
#2 Recover Texts without a Factory Reset
Some people might want to perform a full factory reset and if you fall into this category, you will need to manually get the data from iCloud. Here’s how to do it:
- Log in to iCloud.com with your Apple Id and password;
- Select TextMessages;
- Search the messages list until you find your missing texts;
- On your iPhone, access Settings – [your name] – iCloud;
- Turn off the Text Messages option;
- A pop-up will appear on your screen and you need to select the “Keep On My iPhone Option”;
- Turn on the Text Messages option;
- All that is left to do is to tap on “merge” and wait a couple of minutes for your missing texts to be restored.
#3 Use Data from Your Phone Provider
If you don’t have a full iCloud Backup of your iPhone, you should be pleased to know that there is an alternative way of recovering deleted texts. You can use the data from your phone provider. To do this, you will need to contact the phone provider and ask them to provide you with a record of your text messages. Most phone providers allow users to do this online.