I have always appreciated minimalism everywhere, whether it is art, design, writing or any damn thing on this earth. Keep the essential and remove the unnecessary – this is my way of working. So when I saw many iPhone apps, which are not necessary, hence, thought of getting rid of those apps that seat idle on the home screen.
Thankfully, with the release of iOS 10, Apple has allowed users to delete some stock apps from iPhone or iPad like FaceTime, Calendar and others. Having said that, absence of stock apps can cause some functional issues in your iPhone. How can you use CarPlay if you remove Podcasts from iPhone? Your decision to delete stock apps from iPhone or iPad must be backed by strong forethought.
If at all you want to delete built-in apps on iPhone or iPad, you need to check consequences of your action.
1. Once you remove stock app from your iPhone, the app will be unavailable/inaccessible in your Apple Watch also.
2. You won’t receive any information regarding stocks and weather if you remove the respective apps; you will also miss Complications or Glances from Apple Watch.
3. Calculator will not appear in Control Center, if it is removed.
4. You won’t bear much loss by removing Contacts app as you can always access contacts in Phone app if you delete this app from your iPhone.
5. Upon deleting Music from iPhone, you won’t be able to use it with CarPlay.
6. Before deleting Watch app from the iPhone paired with an Apple Watch, you will be asked to unpair your smartwatch.
You May Also Like: How to Add Signature in Message App in iOS 10 on iPhone
Check the list of Stock apps you can delete from your iPhone home screen
- Find My Friends
- iCloud Drive
- iTunes Store
- Voice Memos
- Watch app
Don’t Miss: How to Send iMessage with Bubble Effects in iOS 10 on iPhone
How to Delete Stock Apps on iPhone/iPad in iOS 10
Note that there is no difference between deleting Stock apps and any other third-party apps.
Step #1: Tap and hold the app you want to delete; it will start wriggling.
Step #2: Tap on delete (x) sign to Remove.
Step #3: A pop-up will ask you to confirm this action. Tap on Remove and confirm.
Step #4: Now you can come back to Home screen by pressing Home button.
On second thought, if you want to reinstall any deleted Stock app, follow below mentioned steps.
How to Reinstall a Deleted Stock App in iOS 10 on iPhone/iPad
Step #1: Open App Store on your iPhone/iPad.
Step #2: Look for the app you want to install again.
Step #3: Tap on the cloud icon to reinstall.
The app will be reinstalled soon.
If you are using iOS 9 on your iPhone/iPad, you can upgrade to iOS 10 public beta. Later on, you can downgrade to iOS 9.3.2, if you iOS 10 public beta doesn’t excite you.
Like this information to delete stock apps from iPhone or iPad running iOS 10? Share your feedback with us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.