HomePod Mini is a super useful device to have around the house but at this is the case with all tech gadgets, it sometimes needs to be restarted. Performing a full restart does much more than turn off and open a device, it also resets all settings to default. This is particularly useful if your HomePod Mini is not working right. Even though HomePod Mini is a new offering from Apple, it still works similarly to the classic HomePod. Therefore, you will be required to follow the same steps when resetting one of the devices.
With that being said, today we are going to present a detailed guide that teaches you how to reset your HomePod or HomePod Mini. Without any further ado, let’s jump right into it.
Reset HomePod and HomePod Mini via the Home App
The easiest way to reset a HomePod device is to use your iPhone and do it from the Home App. Follow the steps below to do it:
- Access the HomePod app on your iPhone on Pad;
- Long press on HomePod;
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the Remove Accessory option;
- Next, go ahead and tap on Remove.
Reset HomePod and HomePod Mini Manually
If you don’t want to wait around for the device reset via the Home App, you can always choose to do it manually. Here’s how:
- Unplug the device and re-plug it;
- Wait for ten seconds. After that, hold your finger pressed at the top of the HomePod device until the white spinning light turns red;
- The HomePod device will automatically reset and you will hear three “beeping” sounds that let you know the device is resetting.
How to Reset via Mac
Most Apple fans own multiple devices that live in the same ecosystem. Therefore, it shouldn’t come as a surprise to find out that you can rest your HomePod and HomePod Mini via Mac. Check out the guide below:
- Connect the HomePopd device to your Mac via USB-C cable;
- Select the HomePod icon from the sidebar;
- Click and choose the Restore HomePod option.