AirPlay is one of the coolest features that Apple has launched for iPhones and there is no doubt about that. The feature makes it possible for iPhone users to stream their favorite audio or video content directly to their Apple TVs or to any other devices that support AirPlay. That’s not all. The feature also allows users to share images and mirror their iPhone’s screen, thus making it a great tool to have around when doing work or school presentations.
How to Stream to Apple TV From iPhone via AirPlay
Before we start, we want to mention that if you want to AirPlay audio or video to a device from your iPhone, they both need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If the devices are not connected on the same network, you will be required to manually type in the displayed code to enable point-to-point Wi-Fi connection. Nonetheless, here is how to stream content with AirPlay.
#1 Stream Videos with AirPlay
- Select the video that you want to stream;
- Now, tap on the AirPlay icon (looks like a smart TV)
- A drop-down list of results will appear and you need to select a device.
#2 Stream Audio with AirPlay
If you want to play music on your Apple TV from your iPhone, you should be pleased to know that AirPlay makes that possible. Follow the guide below:
- Access the Control Center on your iPhone;
- Locate the AirPlay Audio Icon and tap on the speakers.
#3 Screen Mirror your iPhone
Do you want to screen mirror your iPhone via AirPlay? Fortunately, screen mirroring is super simple if you use an iPhone. Here is how to do it.
- Access the Control Center;
- Select Screen Mirroring;
- Now, select your Apple TV or other compatible device;
- You will be asked for a passcode to confirm that you are the one screen mirroring to the Apple TV. You should use the AirPlay passcode that is displayed on your screen.
Sidenote: If you want to stop mirroring your iPhone, you can do so by accessing Screen Mirroring – Stop Mirroring.