Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means that at no cost to you, we may earn a small commission for qualifying purchases.
If you are using Android Phone and Mac, and want to transfer documents from Android Phone to Mac, then you won’t be able to do it using iTunes. To share files from Android device to Mac, you need some third party software or you can move it via any Wi-Fi transfer online website. Check this guide to transfer files from Android Phone to Mac.
A very simple process is to use the “Android File Transfer” app that helps you move files from any Android device to a Mac. With this app, you can easily transfer data up to 4 GB. If you have already gone through the process of transferring music from Computer/Mac to Android, this procedure won’t give you much hassle. This app works with Mac OS X 10.5 or later and with Android 3.0 or later. Use the following steps and get it done with ease.
How to Transfer Files from Android Phone to Mac
Some Easy Steps to Share Files from Android Phone to Mac
Step 1: Firstly, you have to download and install the all-important Android File Transfer application on your Mac.
Step 2: Launch Android File Transfer.
Step 3: After that, use a Micro USB cable to connect your Android device to your Mac.
Step 4: Switch on your device. Now swipe down from top of the screen to check out the notifications. Then, you have to select the USB for… notification.
Step 5: Now touch on Transfer files (MTP)
Step 6: Android File Transfer Window can now be seen on your Mac. Now, you can utilize this to drag and drop files.
Step 7: After having transferred your files, you can remove the USB cable.
That’s it. Your task of transferring files is done.
Unable to Transfer files from Android to Mac? Here are a few suggestions
If you cannot move files from your Android device to Mac, read the following suggestions to sort out the issue.
- As all USB cables cannot transfer files, you can try out a different USB cable.
- Attempt to test the mini-USB port on your device. You connect your device to another computer to do that.
- The USB port has to be tested on your Mac. You can do this by connecting a camera or any other device using the USB port.
- Make sure that the Android File Transfer is compatible with your system. OS X 10.5 or later must be present on your Mac.
- Similarly, your device must be having Android 3.0 or later.
- Also, make sure that Android File Transfer app is running.
- Ensure that your Android device is using the latest version.
- Restart your Android device by pressing the power button for around 30 seconds.
- Now reboot your Mac.
Hopefully, the above steps will get things done for you and help transfer files easily.
- How to Send/Receive Android Text Message on Mac
- How to Use iMessage on Android Phones
- How to Transfer Music from iTunes to Android Phone