If you are a Mac OS user and an Android user at the same time, then you get to benefit from the best of both worlds. In such a case, when you want to free up storage space on your Android device or even if you want to store some of your more important files securely, you can always transfer them to your Mac system.
This is a very simple process using the “Android File Transfer” app that helps you Move files from any Android device to a Mac. If you have already gone through the process of transferring music from Computer/Mac to Android, this procedure won’t give you much hassle. This app works with Mac OS X 10.5 or later and with Android 3.0 or later. Use the following steps and get it done with ease.
Some Easy Steps to Share Files from Android to Macbook Pro:
Step 1: Firstly, you have to download and install the all-important Android File Transfer application on your Mac.
Step 2: Launch Android File Transfer.
Step 3: After that, use a Micro USB cable to connect your Android device to your Mac.
Step 4: Switch on your device. Now swipe down from top of the screen to check out the notifications. Then, you have to select the USB for… notification.
Step 5: Now touch on Transfer files (MTP)
Step 6: Android File Transfer Window can now be seen on your Mac. Now, you can utilize this to drag and drop files.
Step 7: After having transferred your files, you can remove the USB cable.
That’s it. Your task of transferring files is done.
Unable to Transfer files from Android to Mac? Here are a few suggestions
If you cannot move files from your Android device to Mac, read the following suggestions to sort out the issue.
- As all USB cables cannot transfer files, you can try out a different USB cable.
- Attempt to test the mini-USB port on your device. You connect your device to another computer to do that.
- The USB port has to be tested on your Mac. You can do this by connecting a camera or any other device using the USB port.
- Make sure that the Android File Transfer is compatible with your system. OS X 10.5 or later must be present on your Mac.
- Similarly, your device must be having Android 3.0 or later.
- Also make sure that Android File Transfer app is running.
- Ensure that your Android device is using the latest version.
- Restart your Android device by pressing the power button for around 30 seconds.
- Now reboot your Mac.
Hopefully the above steps will get things done for you and help transfer files easily.