iPhones are renowned for their camera setups and the latest iPhone 12 takes things to the next level with its dedicated Night Mode Portrait for selfies. The mode helps users snap selfies at night that have incredible quality. The way that the mode this is by utilizing iPhone 12’s powerful A14 Bionic Chip that manages to capture even the smallest details in low-light conditions. We also want to mention that the next-gen processor enables iPhones to support 10x more optical zoom than what the camera setup provides on its own.
Apple is always looking for new ways to improve the user interface of iPhones and make them sleeker. While this is a good thing, it does lead to problems sometimes. For example, the Night Mode for selfies does not have a dedicated button. If you don’t how to use Night Mode Portrait on your iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Pro, then you have arrived at the right place. Today we are going to show you how.
How to Snap Selfies with Night Mode Portrait on iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro
Follow the steps below to take high-quality selfies in low-light conditions:
- Open the camera in Night Mode and face it towards the subject;
- After a couple of seconds, a yellow-colored moon icon will appear on the upper-left corner. The icon lets us know that the Night Mode Portrait is enabled;
- Switch the camera mode to Portrait;
- Make sure to keep the distance 2 to 8 feet to avoid focus issues;
- A couple of options will appear on the screen and you can use them to achieve the ideal lighting effects;
- The final step is to tap on the Shutter button.
The photo quality provided by iPhones is unparalleled and there is no doubt about that. We are advising all iPhone users to get all the latest iOS updates because, more than often, they also come with camera improvements. Nonetheless, let us know in the comments if you have any questions left unanswered.