iPhones feature amazing designs and powerful hardware specs, but this is not the reason why they are so popular. Apple fans are in love with iPhones because they offer a premium user experience that is unparalleled. To make things even better, Apple is constantly updating the iPhone and iPad operating system with new features which take the user experience to the next level. On the downside of things, getting so many updates on a regular basis is also a double-edged sword because this makes it difficult for iPhone and iPad users to keep up with all the latest tips and tricks that make them pro users.
With that said, today we have rounded top three tips and tricks that iPhone and iPad users will love. These tips and tricks are not something groundbreaking, but they will definitely make it more enjoyable to use an iPhone or an iPad. Without any further ado, let’s jump straight into it.
Top Three Essential iOS Tips and Tricks
#1 Close Multiple “Keyword” Tabs in Safari
As we previously mentioned, Apple’s operating system is renowned for offering a premium user experience and Safari plays an important role in that. This is Apple’s pre-installed mobile browser and it’s renowned for making web browsing an enjoyable experience. Therefore, our first trick for iOS is to teach everyone how to close multiple searched-for tabs in Safari at the same time.
- Open the Safari on your iPhone or iPad;
- Tap on the “Tabs” button which can be found in the bottom right of the UI (user interface) on iPhones and in the top right corner on iPads;
- After tapping on the “Tabs” button, the browser will show all the websites that you have recently visited;
- Now, swipe down on the touchscreen until the “Search Tabs” option appears;
- Type in any keyword that you want in the “Search Tabs” option such as movies, games and so on;
- The browser will automatically bring up all the matching tabs and then you can simply tap and hold on the “Cancel” button which will pop up a new menu from the bottom of the screen with the option “Close (Number) Tabs Matching the ‘keyword’”.
This is how iPhone and iPad users can get rid of multiple tabs at the same time. This is a neat trick to have, especially for people who share their iPhone or iPad with someone around the house and don’t want anyone else to see what they searched for.
#2 How to Save Mobile Data in Spotify
Spotify is the world’s most popular streaming app and lots of iPhone and iPad owners are using it. However, there is a big problem with Spotify. The music streaming app is infamous for using up lots of mobile data whenever people listen to music while on the go. Fortunately, there is a cool trick that makes it possible for iPhone and iPad users to lower the overall mobile data that Spotify uses every day. The great thing about this trick for Spotify is that the app features a special data saver mode and everyone can enable or disable it by following the next steps:
- Open the Spotify app on your iPhone or iPad;
- Tap on the “Settings” option which can be found in the top right corner of the UI;
- Now, select the “Data Saver” option;
- All that is left to do is to tap on the “Turn On” switch.
We have to mention that enabling this mode will automatically set the Spotify music quality to low whenever the iPhone or iPad is not connected to Wi-Fi and it runs on mobile data instead. Although, this is a small price to pay when considering how much mobile data iPhone and iPad users will end up saving in the long run.
#3 How to Set Apple Music Songs as an Alarm
In the previous trick for iOS, we showed everyone how to reduce the overall mobile data that Spotify uses on a regular basis. This next tip is a bit more useful because it will teach everyone how to set their favorite Apple Music song as their iPhone or iPad alarm. Although, everyone should keep in mind that waking up on your favorite song every morning will eventually make you hate that song. So, be careful about what you pick!
- Launch the “Music” app;
- Tap on the “Search” button and then type in the name of the song that you want to be set as an alarm;
- Now, tap on the “+” button which can be found in the right side of the song and then select the “iCloud Music Library” option;
- The next step is to tap on the “cloud” icon so that the song starts downloading;
- Open the native iOS “Clock” app;
- Access the “Alarm” tab from the bottom of the UI and then tap on the “Edit” option which can be found in the left top side;
- Pick the alarm that you wish to have your favorite song playing;
- Now, tap on the “Sound” option and then pick the song that you want;
- All that is left to do now is to tap the “Back” button and then tap on the “Save” option in the top right in order to confirm this action.
These have been our top three tips and tricks for iPhones and iPads that will help everyone become a pro Safari, Spotify and Apple Music user. We hope that you find them useful and if you want more, then you can always check our other guides about useful tricks such as how to get the most out of the new Siri Shortcuts feature, how to remove the annoying top-notch on iPhones and lastly how to fix all Face ID issues with four simple methods.