When Pokemon Go was launched first, it was available only in the US, the UK, Australia, and New Zealand. People from other parts of the world wished they were in any of the four countries. Fortunately, there was a workaround to download and install Pokemon Go on Android & iOS device.
But sometimes, many app developers release their apps in a select few countries; this leaves many users deprived of using their favourite apps. However, by changing App Store country region in your iPhone or iPad, you can use app meant for other countries and not for the country you are residing in.
You can follow this information and change App Store country or region on your iOS device. But before you go ahead, you need to read this:
- Cancel active iTunes Match subscription, if any.
- Cancel active Apple Music subscription or you can’t change the country.
- App Store won’t change in the presence of a single incomplete Season Pass or Multi-Pass.
- Region won’t get changed in the presence of rentals.
- Spend your credit balance and then go ahead.
- Wait for a few hours so that your pending store credit refunds exhaust.
- Billing information and the store you are buying from must match with each other.
- If you don’t have any valid credit card for a particular country, select “None”. But at the instant of purchasing any app from the store, you need to submit payment information.
- Rights to change stores are reserved with the organizers of family Sharing group.
- Even after changing the country, some apps may not display in your App Store.
How to change App Store Country/Region on iPhone or iPad
Step #1: Launch Settings app on your iOS device.
Step #2: Tap on iTunes & App Store.
Step #3: Tap on Apple ID.
Step #4: A square box will appear on your phone’s screen with some three options: View Apple ID, Sign Out, iForgot. Next, tap on View Apple ID.
Step #5: Now type in your Apple ID password.
Step #6: Tap on Country/Region.
Step #7: Tap on Change Country or Region
Step #8: Scroll up and down to select country from the list.
Step #9: After selecting the country, tap on Next.
Step #11: You will see a dialog box with a message: I have read and agree to the iTunes Store Terms & Conditions.
Step #12: Tap on “Agree” again.
After this, you will be presented with your Apple ID account details.
Step #13: Tap on Next from the right corner at the bottom of your phone screen.
Step #14: Next your will see BILLING INFORMATION screen on phone.
Step #15: Tap None.
Step #16: Tap Next.
Step #17: You will be asked for Apple ID verification.
If you wish, you can go for Verification or just tap on Not Now.
Finally, you can complete the procedure by tapping on Start Shopping or Done.