Make the most of your Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus smartphone by using Bixby virtual assistant. But how will you interact with Bixby? You need a set of Bixby commands for Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus. Like your Siri, Alexa, and Google Assistant, Bixby is an intelligent voice assistant that works on flagship Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus. Apart from the two phones, users can also install Bixby on any Samsung device running Android Nougat. So here is a list of Bixby commands for Galaxy S8 for you.
With Bixby voice commands, you can interact with any app on your smartphone; here, Bixby has a clear edge over its competitors like Siri or Google Assistant. Bixby offers a few more reasons to appreciate this AI assistant; with Bixby, users can also place order for Uber, capture screenshots, open and install apps, search specific vacation photos and more.
After installing Bixby on your phone, what should be your favourite Bixby voice commands? We have listed best Bixby voice commands for you. After learning them, you can go ahead and explore a long list of Bixby Commands for Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.
List of Bixby Voice Commands for Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
- Launch camera and record a video
- Install Candy Crush Saga from the Google Play Store
- Take a selfie and send it to Olivia
- Launch Gmail and show me recent emails (or show me emails from Olivia)
- Go to Gallery and search pictures from Las Vegas
- Read my last notification
- Call the last number that called me
- Launch Instagram and post the last photo I took (post my last photo with the caption “Olivia’s wedding”
- Keep my screen on for 1 minutes
- Turn up ringtone volume to 60% (Turn on do-not disturb, turn up brightness to 40%, etc)
- Call me an Uber to take me to the subway
- Launch YouTube and show my history page (or subscriptions)
- Go to Pandora and play my 80’s station
- Clear all notifications
- Reject call and send a text saying I’ll call back in 10 minutes
- What’s the date today?
- Restart my phone
- Flashlight on/off
- Turn on Emergency mode
- Delete the shopping reminder
Apart from above basic commands, Bixby works on more than hundred commands sent by users. You can launch apps, go to settings, or write comments with the help of Bixby. You can use the dedicated Bixby button located under the volume keys on left side of your Galaxy S8. Next, tap on three dots seen at the top right corner and choose My Bixby. This will present you with more information, instructions for commands, and other help.
With Bixby, you can do almost everything you can do on your phone with fingers; so give your fingers rest and let your tongue take the charge. You will be surprised to know that Bixby can change settings, turn up volumes, scroll up and down web pages, record videos and upload the same on YouTube. You can use Bixby without using the wake word ‘Hi Bixby’; simply press and hold the button to use Bixby commands listed below.
Samsung Bixby Voice Commands
Popular Bixby Voice Commands
- Open LinkedIn (or any app)
- What time is it?
- Turn volume up/down
- Restart my phone
- Flashlight on/off
- Turn on do not disturb
- Open Google Play Music (play music)
- Stop the music
- What song is this?
- Turn up the music volume to 60%
- Remind me to take out the trash tomorrow at 5 PM
- What’s the weather like?
- How is the weather going to be tomorrow?
- Will it rain today?
- What time is it in Los Angeles
- Show my today’s reminders
- Delete the doctor visit reminder
- Install Asphalt Xtreme from the Google Play Store
- Hi Bixby, remember where I parked
Control Samsung Apps on Galaxy S8/S8 Plus
You can use Bixby to control Samsung app on your Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus. Remember to use ‘Open gallery and’ or ‘Open browser and’ before each of these commands.
- Open Gallery and Find pictures taken in Ohio
- Show me the last video I recorded
- Delete this picture
- Send my last picture to Edward
- Open Gallery and show me my Hawaii Vacation album
- Show me the most recent pictures as a slideshow
- Rotate this picture to the left
- Play the most recent video
- Add the most recent picture from Friends album to Favorites
- Add auto adjust effects to my last picture (remove effects from my last picture)
- Delete the location info from the most recent picture
- Delete the travel album
- Move Photos that were taken in Ohio to a new album
- Open Video Player and edit my last video
- Open Video Player and share an animated GIF
- Play the next video, delete this video
- Make an animated GIF from this video
- Move the Play position forward by 15 seconds
A few more commands…
“Open Clock and”
- Set an alarm for tomorrow at 5 am
- Turn off the 5 am alarm
- Show me the time in Paris
- Dismiss the alarm
- Show the timer
- Open the stopwatch
- Add Tokyo to my world clock
- Open the time zone converter in the world clock
“Open Calculator and”
- Calculate 6 + 9 x 3
- Show the unit converter
- Convert 30 inches to cm
“Open Calendar and”
- Create an event
- Show me July 12th
- Show me the month of July
- Delete my completed tasks
- Mark grocery shopping as done
- Delete all of my meetings for today
- Show me the settings
- Change the first day of the week to Monday
- Show week numbers
- Turn on notifications
- Lock the time zone
- Change the time zone to Cupertino
A few more Bixby Commands to control your phone app…
- Create a new contact as Henry with the number 321-7654
- Search for Henry and call him on speaker phone
- Search for Henry and call his cell (mobile)
- Call this number on speaker phone
- Call my office number
- Call Chris
- Text Geoff
- Show profile updates for Brian
- Video call Malcolm’s mobile phone
- Show my friends group
- Change my status message to busy
- Link Eliza to Laura
- Add Morrison to favorites
- Send a message to everyone in Friends
- Merge all contacts with the same info
- Turn on Google account sync
- Decline call and send Richard a message I’ll call back after one hour
- Send call to voicemail
- Add Marshall to speed dial 2
- Open phone and call 321-7654
- Open phone and block the last number that called
Though Bixby doesn’t support most third-party message clients, it surely listens to your commands addressed to messages. Explore some commands you can use with Samsung messages.
- Show me my most recent message
- Delete the last message or conversation
- Pin the most recent conversation to the top
- Block the most recent conversation
- Delete all texts with the word ex, or Angelina
- Show me notification settings for my last conversation
- Turn off notifications for the conversation with Sylvester
- Copy the most recent text and send it to Arnold
- Show me pictures from the conversation with Bruce
- Mark all unread messages as read
- Delete all conversations
- Take a photo and send it to Jackie
- Show me settings
- Send my last photo to Smith and say, “I’m on vacation”
- Save the most recent text to my reminders
- Navigate to the address in my last message
- Forward my last text to Gwyneth
Control Settings with Bixby Commands for Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
Samsung has done some serious attempts to beat Siri and Google Assistant; check the list of commands to control settings and you will realize that Bixby can do more than just turning on Wi-Fi or flashlight on your phone.
- Turn on WiFi, Turn off WiFi
- Search for nearby WiFi networks
- Disconnect from WiFi network
- Turn on Bluetooth
- Turn on Blue light filter
- Turn on Do Not Disturb
- Scan for Bluetooth devices
- Go to dual audio
- Show me my Data usage
- Turn on Data saver
- Turn on Performance mode
- Show me my battery usage
- Turn on Airplane mode
- Turn up ringtone volume to 60
- Increase the system volume
- Keep my screen on for 10 minutes
- Set the display brightness to 35
- Make the screen brighter
- Turn on One-handed mode
- Open my last two apps in split-screen
- Turn off the LED indicator light
- Turn on battery saver mode
- Uninstall Star Wars: Force Arena (confirm)
Use your Camera with Bixby Voice Commands
- Take a picture
- Take a Selfie and send it to Barack
- Record a video
- Turn on the front camera
- Turn on HDR
- Turn on Flash
- Show me pictures
- Set the timer for rear camera to 15 seconds
- Apply an effect
- Turn on Save RAW and JPEG files for rear camera
- Turn on video stabilization
- Adjust the ISO of Pro mode to 250
- Adjust the exposure value of Pro mode to 1
- Turn on grid lines
- Take a Panorama photo
Control Social Media with Bixby Commands (Twitter, Facebook & Others)
- Open Facebook and post a recent picture
- Post the last photo I took
- Post a recent picture with the message “wedding anniversary”
- Post a message that I’m going on vacation to Alaska
- Show all posts
- Open Facebook and display my notifications
- Write on Allan’s wall that we should go grab a beer
- Open Facebook and search for Jack
- Open Twitter and show recent tweets
- Show Twitter notices
- Open Twitter and show me recent messages
Smart Home Products
How comfortable it is to control your smart home products with Bixby! Check these Bixby commands to control robot cleaner and thermostat.
- Turn on the Robot cleaner
- Turn off the Robot cleaner
- Recharge the Robot cleaner
- Change Robot cleaner suction power to high
- Show me the Robot cleaner battery life
- Add a new Robot Vacuum cleaner to Samsung Connect
- Add a Rule
- Show my rules
- Turn off the thermostat
- Turn the Air conditioner down to 70 degrees (change cooling point temperature to 70)
- What’s the thermostat temperature set at
- Turn on the TV
- Open Samsung Connect and go to STAR Sports
- Open Samsung Connect and open YouTube on my TV
- Open Samsung Connect and turn on my outlet
- Open Samsung Connect and turn off power cool for the fridge, etc.
Screen & Navigation Commands
- Take a screenshot
- Go back
- Show the Home screen
- Scroll up/down
- Swipe left/right
- Scroll to the top/bottom
- Zoom in/out
- Turn on auto rotate
- Set the phone to portrait mode
- Turn off the screen
General Knowledge (Questions & Answers)
- How far is the moon from Earth?
- What is the definition of doodle?
- How do you spell ‘pusillanimous’?
- Who was the 40th president of the USA?
- Show me how to make pan cake
- When is St Patrick Day?
- Who was the first man on the moon?
- How long is an elephant’s tail?
- What is 8×9?
- How many calories in a cheese cake?
- When is sunrise in Tokyo?
- What is a fathom?
- How many feet in a kilometer?