Factory Data Reset Google Home is part of your troubleshooting issues on your Google Home, Mini or Max. As the name suggests, FDR (abbreviation of Factory Data Reset) can reset your Google Home to its default manufacturer settings. And this means you have to setup as Google Home new and create everything again like your shopping list, reminders, alarms and more. Thus, this should be your last option to fix any irritating issue you may be facing in your Google Home. In any case, you can read this tutorial to learn how to factory reset Google Home, Google Home Mini, and Max.
Remember, you cannot Factory Data Reset your Google Home, Mini or Max from your connected iPhone or Android device by using Google Home app; at the same time, also note that you cannot use your voice to Factory Data Reset (FDR) Google Home.
How to Factory Data Reset Google Home, Google Home Mini, and Max
- How to Reset Google Home to Factory Default Settings
- How to Reset Google Home Mini to Factory Setting
- How to Factory Reset Google Home Max to Default Setting
How to Reset Google Home to Factory Default Settings
Google Home has a physical microphone mute button on the back. You need to press and hold this microphone mute button for approximately 15 seconds. Upon this, your Google Assistant confirms that it is resetting your Google Home.
As mentioned above, do not make any failed attempt by using your voice command or Google Home app on your Android or iPhone to reset your Google Home.
How to Reset Google Home Mini to Factory Setting
Since Mini is smaller in size than Google Home, the location of FDR button is shifted. You will find this button below the power cord on the bottom of Google Home Mini. You need to press and hold this FDR button until a circle etched into the base. Next, Google Assistant will tell you that it is resetting your Google Home Mini.
While resetting your Home Mini, you are not supposed to use Google Home app; also do not use your voice commands to reset Mini.
Once your Google Home is factory reset, you will have to set up Google Home as new.
How to Factory Reset Google Home Max to Default Setting
You need to press and hold the reset button for 12 seconds approximately. You can find the FDR button near the power cable on the back of your device.
Now, Google Assistant confirm that your device is resetting.
Don’t Miss to Explore:
- Best Google Home Compatible Smart Home Devices
- Best Google Home Compatible Smart Plugs
- Best Google Home Compatible Smart Switches
- Best Smart Lights Bulbs for Google Home
- Best Smart Doorbells Camera
- Best Smart Home Hub
- Best Smart Alarm Clocks
- How to Make Calls from Google Home
- How to Play Music from Google Home Via Bluetooth
- How to Play Spotify on Google Home
- How to Fix Google Home Dropping Wifi
- Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaners
- Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaners for Pet Hair
- How to Link and Unlink Google Account on Google Home