One of the best things about using multiple Apple devices is the way they interact with each other. Apple has built a special ecosystem for its devices and they all have dedicated features that are specially designed to make your life easier. The perfect example of this is how you can unlock your Mac with your Apple Watch.
If you are tired of always having to type in your password when you want to unlock your Mac and are looking for an alternative solution, then you have arrived at the right place. Today we are going to show you a detailed guide on how to unlock your Mac with Apple Watch. Without any further ado, let’s jump right into it.
The first thing that we want to mention is that there is a list of requirements that your Apple devices need to meet before you can enable the auto-unlock feature. Check out the list below:
- The Mac needs to be manufactured mid-2013 and later;
- The Apple Watch needs to run on watchOS 3 or later and the Mac on macOS Sierra or later;
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth need to enabled on the Mac;
- Use your iCloud account to enable two-factor authentication;
- Make sure that both your Apple Watch and Mac are using the same iCloud account;
- Set a passcode on your Apple Watch and Mac.
Unlock Your Mac with Apple Watch
Follow the steps below:
- Click on the Apple icon from the Mac and then access System Preferences;
- Click on Security and Privacy;
- Click on the General option;
- Now, tick the box called “Use your Apple Watch to unlock apps and your Mac”;
- The last step is to confirm the change by typing your Mac password.